Tuesday 22 May 2012

Arup Roy Chowdhury-FT13115

Ayurvedic Cough Syrup

This is about last week.I had managed to catch the flu going in the campus and was severly under the weather.Unfortunately the cough syrup was not available with the medic and had to be procured from outside.So,i asked for a lift from my friend Harnek who thankfully took me to Mahabalipuram, so that I could buy the medicines.
We reached Mahabalipuram and found Kartik Medicals,a pharmacy on the Main road.I got the required antibiotics and asked for Dabur Honitus cough syrup for my sore throat.As,I had used it earlier,so I was sure it would relieve my sore throat, but to my dismay the pharmacist said that he did not stock the product,and suggested another brand Wincof Plus.
Having no other option I took the medicine and thankfully the syrup worked.Two days back I went back to the shop as I was curious why Kartik medicals did not keep "Honitus".The shopkeeper told me that he stocked all major medicines form all pharmaceutical companies.This response confused me further as Dabur is well known company and the "Honitus" is quite a popular cough syrup brand.So,i pestered him further and asked him why he did not have this Cough syrup.
The pharmacist told me that the Dabur distributor was at some place ese and he did not distribute to his shop or the four medical shops in Mahabalipuram.This to me is serious flaw in the companies distribution strategy.Inspite of having a good product,Dabur at least in our part of the country is not able to manage the supply chain effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment