Thursday 31 May 2012

Old Delhi chat Factory in Chennai - Puneet Rastogi - 13157


Last week I went to chennai for Group Project marketing Survey. After the exhaustive survey and shopping in Express Avenue, I thought of having some drink at CCD. On my way to First floor I encountered a sudden burst of people coming out from Food Bazaar heading towards a shop named Gangotree. Initially, I thought it might be some special Idli Vada food joint. Now the moment I reached the shop, I was flabbergasted by the real business of the shop. It was selling Pani puri, bhel puri, Laccha tokri etc etc , all types of chat under the window. So I decided to have some chat first and then will gather some stuff for individual blog. I enjoyed that chat to the core. Unfortunately, I was not able to interact with the staff of that shop, as they are busy like stock traders.


Still like a key marketing observant, I noticed 2 things about Gangotree:-

1) I believe there cannot be a better place for a chat shop to be in front of Big Bazaar. Not everyone who visits the mall goes to tommy, levis etc. People do come for regular shopping. Now just in front of big bazaar is definitely a place for chaat shop to attract maximum customers.

2) Gangotree's main pani puri guy is from North India. Now pani puri is the only chaat where customer pitches again and again to make the chaat tailor made for him. So connecting with someone who knows Hindi is a customer delight.

I advise everyone who goes to Express Avenue in chennai, do visit Gangotree in basement, just in front of Big bazaar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment