Wednesday 30 May 2012

Preeti Singh FT13156


Globus, Chennai

Within a few weeks of reaching the Great Lakes campus, I realized that the clothes which I had brought with myself were not good enough for the extremely hot weather of Chennai. So my friends and I decided to go all over to Chennai to do some shopping for apparel and other utilities. We reached Globus Store in Adyar at around 1:00 P.M.
 We entered the store and browsed over all the different sections there namely ethnic kurtis, plain T-shirts, party wear T-shirts, party wear dresses, formal dresses, accessories etc.I have shopped in Globus Mumbai and Bangalore a number of times before this ,but this time, I observed a significant difference in the collection over there and in Chennai. I could easily make out that the collections were planned keeping in mind the preference and taste of the local people here. There were less of funky westerns outfits and more of the traditional ethnic suits and skirts in Chennai unlike those in Mumbai and Bangalore where more of funky and less of ethnic stuff were available which was apt according to the crowd there.
One more observation that I had while in store was that the AC were not working at all (there were no fans either) and that it was really very suffocating. Because of that I didn’t try out all the dresses which I wanted to and so ended up purchasing less than expected. I heard other customers also talking about the same problem. Upon enquiring, the staff simply said that the AC doesn’t work in the afternoon due to power shortage. So, I strongly feel that any customer who visits the store in the afternoon would be really uncomfortable because of the fact that AC don’t work in the afternoon, and might not end up purchasing as much as he/she would otherwise do in a comparable cool and comfortable store.

No comments:

Post a Comment