Friday 1 June 2012

An “International Saloon” in Anupuram


Last Sunday, I went for hair cutting. As the Anupuram market is the nearest market (@ 3 km away from Great Lakes campus), I went to Anupuram. I was thinking that whether I would find a good saloon or not. But to my surprise, I found an Air Conditioned saloon called “International Saloon & Gents Beauty Parlor”.


It is located on the main street “Sadrad Road” in the Anupuram market. Its front hoarding is big and written in English, so I didn’t have any problem in locating the saloon. The entrance door is also attractive. My first impression from its appearance was that it’s a good saloon considering the fact that Anupuram is a small township.

As it was Sunday, So it was crowed. 6-7 persons were waiting for their turn. The Saloon has good facilities. It has a Panasonic AC. It has 3 working chairs on which hair cutting is done. It has good seating arrangements for waiting persons. For their entertainment, a TV (with external speakers) is there. Two Tamil newspapers were also available for the waiting people. These things make wait easier. The saloon had also 5 fans with a small inverter for taking care of frequent power cuts. There is mirror in the 3 sides of the saloon for getting the clear view of hair cutting. The lighting facility is also good. Other facilities include – 2 washbasins, a big digital watch.


The hair cutting was also good. I was there waiting for few hours but I didn’t hear a single complain about the quality of hair cutting. It seemed to me that staffs were well trained for the job. The saloon has many services to offer like saving, hair cutting, hair dying etc.  One of the staff knew a little bit English, so there was no communication gap between me and him. While cutting the hair, he was polite and listened to my instructions. The rates of the saloon are also reasonable. They charge Rs 40 for hair cutting and Rs 70 for Hair cutting plus saving.


The owner of the shop is Mr. B Manikandan. To my surprise, the saloon staff gave me the visiting card of the saloon. One thing which I didn’t like was that the cleaning of the saloon was not good. While talking he told me that they get more customers on weekends and fewer customers on week days. He also told me that this is the best saloon of the area. I also saw that a few children who came for getting their hair cut were very happy due to presence of AC. So my overall experience was good at the “International Saloon”.

No comments:

Post a Comment